Senior Information Security Engineer
Job ID: BH483592
Category: Cyber Security
- Responsible for liaising directly with infrastructure and platform developers to design and test standardized security solutions that meet stated security control objectives.
- Work closely with information technology teams and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine security requirements, design, and implement application and data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and oversee vulnerability scanning and remediation for current and new infrastructure.
- Implement and assist with Managed Security services, IDS/IPS and SIEM tools.
Responsible for assisting in security response, obtaining and analyzing forensics, or coordinating with external resources during a security breach.
- Responsible for assisting in security response training, including tabletop exercises.
- Responsible for assisting in audits in conjunction with appropriate federal, state
- and accreditation bodies.
- Responsible for assisting in security policies to comply with federal, state and accreditation bodies.
- Responsible for assisting in training requirements to the business as well as follow-up end-user testing related to all forms of cyber security.
- Responsible for all scheduled audits as it pertains to expectations of the role.
- Architects, designs, implements, maintains, and operates information technology security controls and countermeasures.
- Monitors information systems for security incidents and vulnerabilities; develops monitoring and visibility capabilities; reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Responds to information system security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches; interacts and coordinates with third-party incident responders, including law enforcement.
- Administers authentication and access controls, including provisioning, changes, and deprovisioning of user and system accounts, security/access roles, and access permissions to information assets.
- Analyzes trends, news and changes in threat and compliance environment with
- respect to organizational risk; advises organization management and develops and executes plans for compliance and mitigation of risk; performs risk and compliance self-assessments and engages and coordinates third-party risk and compliance assessments.
- Develops and administers, or provides advice, evaluation, and oversight for, information security training and awareness programs.
- Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Compliance: Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.