Information Security Analyst III
Job ID: BH485263
Category: Cyber Security
- Participate in vulnerability management processes and join in other targeted efforts as needed.
- Monitor information systems for security issues, install and evaluate security software, document any security issues or breaches found, and support incident response efforts.
- Support and administer security tools and technology used to support security operation activities to include installing and upgrading antivirus software, system upgrade to enable security software.
- Respond after-hours and on short notice in the event of a security incident necessitating involvement.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Design, analyze and implement efficient IT security systems.
- Act as an escalation point in coordinating security remediation activities to coordinate security remediation activities.
- Investigate and address vulnerability reports and coordinate with IT in establishing remediation plans.
- Respond to security log events and perform security incident response activities as needed.
- Establish and monitor security user awareness training and simulated phishing tests.
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on how to apply IT security requirements and best practices.
- Establish security policies and hardening standards for critical infrastructure systems using best-practice frameworks like CIS.
- Gather feedback from end users in continually improving systems.
- Validate the effectiveness of security controls through configuration reviews and offensive security techniques (pentesting).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related technical field required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge and ability to perform the essential job duties, and which meets any required state or federal certification requirements.
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred.
- CompTIA Network+ certification preferred.
- Ability and means to travel as needed in a timely manner within San Diego County,
- Experience building, operating, and improving the following types of security tools and technologies: SIEM (Alienvault), SOAR, EDR (Sophos Intercept-X + EDR), threat intelligence (ISAC Alerts, ThreatConnect, AV OTX), vulnerability scanning (Nessus, ZAP, Wireshark, NMAP), security awareness platforms (KnowBe4, Sophos), Password Management Systems (LastPass, DashLane, 1Password).
- Experience supporting and providing secure solutions for the following types of IT systems and technologies: Windows workstations, Windows server, CentOS, Active Directory, Azure AD, WSUS, IPS/IDS, DNS (A, MX Records), email controls (SPF/DKIM/DMARC), IIS, network ACL policies, VMWare ESXi.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.