Job ID: BH499281
Category: Automation Engineer
Automation Engineer for Creative Tools
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to join our Graphic Production Services (GPS) department with expertise in architecture and cross-functional workflow scripting.
Working together with the Technical Process Production Manager as part of the Tools Team, this role is responsible for the development and implementation of tools, software updates and hardware configuration. The ideal candidate will have experience in scripting for Photoshop, a strong understanding of the interactive web space, and its production requirements, organizational skills, and an eye for detail.
- Adding new features to existing applications using modular coding in NodeJS
- Building new UI Prototypes in ReactJS
- Refactoring code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Collaborating with leads to streamline existing processes, create efficiencies and optimize files and outputs
- Testing and vetting of other tools and software, potential future 3rd party tools and applications
- Documentation and dissemination of information to the GPS team
- Training and support for tools created for and used by the GPS team
- Ensuring art assets can be implemented without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding the platform’s technical limits
- Proficiency with CSS, HTML, Node, NPM, and GiT
- Familiarity with Adobe Extend Script, script languages
- Objective C, C++ or Python knowledge is a bonus
- Technical proficiency in Photoshop and demonstrable experience in large volume workflow scripting
- Basic understanding of Graphic Production workflow and process
- Team player with good communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Creatively resolve technical challenges and limitations
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.